Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing

Blend the basic concepts of Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray and the film, The Fugitive and you have my novel,  Hell’s Blessing



Blend the basic concepts of Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray and Alexandre Dumas’ The Corsican Brothers and you have my novel, Dante’s Eternity.

Writing is such fun.

Each time I'm creating an exciting part, I get tense.
Each time I create a highly emotional part, I get - emotional.
In fact, I'm ashamed to admit, that each time I create an erotic part I get - turned on.

We writers, at our periodic meetings, talk about our characters as if they are people we know in our own lifetime experiences. It really is fun - writing that is. Marketing our writing is another ball game.

I endured that frustration, during the phase of my career when I collaborated - as a  published lyricist - with several composers from Russia, Rumania, Finland, Canada, Kenya and the United States to write over sixty songs.  One composer I collaborated with wrote a hit for Elvis Presley.

All of my creations are on http://mandbmusic.com.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment